San Francisco, CA – Paul Hastings LLP, a leading global law firm, represented LinkedIn in an exchange of properties with Google. The properties are mostly located in Mountain View, CA, in addition to a site in Sunnyvale, CA.
The multi-part deal included the following transactions:
- LinkedIn sold to Google real property in Mountain View located at North Shoreline Boulevard and Highway 101 consisting of approximately 10 acres, on which it previously planned to build the “Shoreline Commons” project;
- LinkedIn purchased real property in Mountain View from Google located at 700 and 800 Middlefield Road and 1101 West Maude Avenue consisting of approximately 28 acres;
- LinkedIn assigned to Google its right to acquire a parcel in Mountain View located at 1431 Plymouth Drive on which The Sports Page Bar & Grill is located, consisting of approximately0.75 acres;
- LinkedIn agreed to assign to Google its headquarters lease in Mountain View located at 2019, 2025, 2027, 2029, 2051 and 2061 Stierlin Court; and
- LinkedIn agreed to assume Google’s lease of 950 and 1000 West Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale.
The Paul Hastings team was led by Real Estate partner Steve Berkman, and included partners Mitchell Menzer and John Simonis, in addition to associates Graham Babbitt and Jamie Brown.
Paul Hastings also advised LinkedIn in its acquisition of the Mountain View property being sold to Google. In 2014 Paul Hastings also represented LinkedIn in the signing of its lease at 222 Second Street in San Francisco where LinkedIn occupies the building’s entire 450,000 square feet of office space.
At Paul Hastings, our purpose is clear — to help our clients and people navigate new paths to growth. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., Paul Hastings is recognized as one of the world’s most innovative global law firms.